Working Meeting in Nestorio for the development of YonderPath
The hiking and cultural connection is developed by all local and regional stakeholders.
"If there is a future, it will be green!" said Petra Kelly. Yonder community believes in a green future that can be achieved through action and synergy. We will discuss with representatives of local and regional authorities, civil society and the business sector about the possibilities of creating the hiking path connecting Prespes, Nestorio/Grammos and Central Zagori.
Saturday, June 26, 2021
11.00 - 16.00 Work Meeting
Municipal Council Hall of Nestorio
Presentation of current situation, good practices and suggestion for the next steps
The working meeting of local government bodies, collective bodies, businessmen and representatives of civil society aims to establish a communication and cooperation between private and public bodies in the region of Western Macedonia for the restoration and utilization of hiking trails.
Objectives of the workshop
- Networking between informal groups and individual active citizens: Private companies, civil society organizations and active citizens cooperate with the Greek regional bodies and the municipalities for the utilization of hiking routes and the exchange of good practices.
- Investigation and formation of immediate, short-term, medium-term and long-term goals and agreement on the first steps of implementation.
- Investigation of possible sources of funding.
- Establishment of working groups in each area.
- Representatives of the regions of Western Macedonia and Epirus and other regional bodies
- Representatives of the Tourism Company of Western Macedonia
- Representatives of the municipalities of Prespa, Kastoria, Nestori, Konitsa, Zagori
- Representatives of the financial sector
- Representatives of civil society
- Ilias Gartzonikas, Epirus Trail, Epirus Region, Tourism Directorate, Regional Councilor
- Charitakis Papaioannou, Epirus Trail, EPIRUS DEVELOPMENT SA, Vikos-Aoos Geopark
- Vassilis Karachalios, HELLENIC SOCIETY for Environment and Culture, "Paths of Culture"
- Dimitris Lemonakis, Kedros SA, Manager of Epekeina Chora
- Representative of the Managing Authority of Western Macedonia
- Nikos Mertzanidis, Koin.S.Ep. Mountain Adventure
- Thomas Daoutis, President of the Hellenic Association of Mountain Leaders
11:10 Short introduction, Gabriela Scheiner, Yonder Coordinator
11:15 ‘Creation and maintenance of a network of hiking trails’, Elias Gartzonikas, Charitakis Papaioannou,
11:45 ‘Financing Tools, NN
- What programs can be funded?
- Who can submit proposals?
- What organizational structures support these processes?
12:15 ‘Paths, nature and culture’, Vassilis Karachalios
12:45 ‘Utilization of Paths’, Dimitris Lemonakis
13:15 Proposal for the Hiking Connection Zagori - Nestorio - Prespes
I. Gartzonikas, Ch. Papaioannou, M. Ntaoutis, N. Mertzanidis
15:30 Results and Next Steps
16:00 Closing and Lunch at the River party (offered by the Municipality of Nestori)