Hiking at Grammos
Invitation to experienced hikers and not only
We connect Zagori and Prespes via Grammos and Nestorio through hiking route, in the footsteps of Roman Egnatia. Two of the most beautiful places in Greece, especially of mountainous Greece, internationally established tourist destinations, a zone of mountains that bring together countries, peoples and cultures of Southeastern Europe, in an almost unchanging and unique nature, with a common history and destination. Liberty, sharing, one world. One Free Green World.
The Civil Non-Profit Company "The Land Beyond" in the context of the YONDER multi-event for youth and climate, alongside with actions for the formulation, promotion and sharing of the project, in collaboration with public authorities and other civil society organizations, began with the exploration of the field. A total distance of fifteen daily routes (7-20km per section)
The first route starts from the Arenes Lakes and leads us to the National Reconciliation Park of the Hellenic Parliament Foundation in Grammos, where we will rest, convene, dine, have fun, spend the night. The next morning, we will hike from the Park to Nestorio, where we will have lunch and say goodbye.
Friday, 23.7. evening or Saturday, 24.7. morning, we will meet at Nestorio (Alexandros Guesthouse)
- 11:00 Departure from Nestorio and drive by van to Arenes Lakes
- 12:30 Picnic at Arenes Lakes
- 14:00 Hiking from Arenes Lakes to National Reconciliation Park (the route is in the forest)
- 18:00 Arrival at the National Reconciliation Park, rest
- 19:00 Dinner and discussion on the hiking route from Zagori to Prespes via Grammos and Nestorio
- 08:30 Departure from the National Reconciliation Park and hiking to Nestorio via Old and New Kotili
- 13:30 Arrival at Nestorio and Lunch
Register at: email@example.com